- Organize initiatives for online programs and identify trends in online education space
- Work with faculty and administrative professionals to integrate online learning options across all degree programs, and provide training for online faculty members
- Develop online learning policies and best practices in conjunction with dean / directors.
- Assess and analyse current online programs, and find ways to streamline and optimize processes
- Work to give students a smooth application process and build strong retention and completion rates
- Coordinate instructional design with an understanding of best practices for online learning
- Work with other institutional stakeholders to support instructors delivering online coursework from the planning to the assessment phase
- Work with marketing / outreach department to expand the reach of online programs and generate increasing enrolment numbers.
- Implementation of a highly flexible and error-free software system to ensure high reliability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
- Ensure all applicable accreditation standards and distance-education compliance norms are fulfilled.
- Foster collaborative partnerships between deans, faculty, staff and students.
- Maintain accurate data reports and informed decision-making.
- Remain abreast of national / international trends and best practices related to distance and online education and constant innovations to be done to the Institute’s courses/contents.
- Lead the development and delivery of VIT’s Global Reach Plan. Determine the strategic direction for the institution’s internationalisation plans and ensure Schools and Directorates are aligned to the aspirations
- Directly support the Vice-Chancellor in representing VIT on an international related work, participating in international associations as and when required.
- Developing the reputation of VIT - locally, nationally and internationally for high-quality learning and teaching, research and knowledge transfer activity in a rapidly changing environment, whilst responding effectively to the needs of staff, students, employers and other stakeholders.
Ph.d in any relevant field
Tech-savvy and familiar with learning management systems such as Blackboard (https://www.blackboard.com/)
Strong software management and MS-Office skills.
Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role, with large educational institutions in leadership roles in online education
International exposure in handling online education is highly preferable.
- Hands-on experience in higher education online education management including strategic planning, budgetary and program/curricula development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to manage culturally diversified population, strong organizational ability and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student and faculty population.
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented and culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement and facilitate workshop, programs and informational presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport in developing meaningful relationships with students, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Aggressive marketing skills to get leads from large corporates and a strong customer centricity to retain them.
- Ability to focus on results and to commit to excellence.
- A desire to innovate and create cutting edge programs
- Should be a mentor to the team
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area:Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Role Category:University Level
Role:Dean / Director
Desired Candidate Profile
Contact Company:VIT University